Jhomolhari Laya Gasa Trek
The Laya-Gasa Trek is considered one of the most scenic treks in Bhutan, offering amazing views of some of the most pristine and unspoiled landscapes in Bhutan. This fourteen day, 217 km journey begins at Drukgyel in Paro and takes you through gorgeous alpine meadows, high mountain passes and dense sub-tropical jungles before terminating in Damji in Tashithang.
The first five days of this trek follow the same route as the Jomolhari Trek I through Jigme Singye National Park and offer awe-inspiring views of Mt. Jomolhari, Jichu Drake and Tsherimgang. On the sixth day the path diverges and you will depart Lingshi for the camp site at Chebisa, a charming little village adorned with a beautiful waterfall of crystal clear water.
Along the trail you’ll be able to spot indigenous animals such as blue sheep and Takins, the national animal of Bhutan. You’ll travel through remote mountain villages inhabited by Layaps (people of Laya), a distinct segment of the Bhutanese society with unique culture, traditions and appearance. Thhe trek also offers a day of relaxation at the famous Gasa hot springs that is sure to rejuvenate you.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your interest and specific requirements
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
- Spectacular view of Mountains
- Blue Sheeps and Takin
- Wonderful view of Lingshi Dzong
- Drukgyel Dzong
- Relax in Gasa Tsachu (hot springs)
- National flower Blue Poppy
- Activities: Cultural Tours
- Group Size: Any numbers
- Trip Seasons: Apr-Jun, Mid-Sep-Mid-Nov
- Accommodation: Hotels, Lodges and Camps
- Highest Altitude: Sinche La (5,005m)
- Starts from: Gunitsawa Village
- Ends at: Gasa Village
- Trip Type: Treks, Cultural Treks,
Ask the Expert
Discuss your trip with someone who's travelled there
Start shaping your tailor-made trip with recommendations, up-to-date knowledge and an authentic take on Bhutan from our specialists.Call: +97577111590
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Get in Touch
Day by Day
- Accommodation on twin sharing
- All transfers and sightseeing as on itinerary
- Three meals a day
- English speaking local tour guide
- Sightseeing admission fees
- Bhutan visa fee
Cost Does Not Include
- Internal and international airfare costs (airfare is separately quoted)
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tip, laundry, phone, etc.
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events.
- Travel Insurance
What you see in this trip